Google is again up with another amazing feature for its users. The tech giant Google always comes up with new things for its users may it be in a smartphone or in bringing forward new features for its users, Google always scores and brings forward something new.
This time Google is up with a new feature for Gmail improving the user experience for Gmail users. Introducing a new feature of confidential mail in Gmail. This update brings forward to you a new feature to send your email to the receiver in a more protected way.
What is confidential email
It’s an email that cannot be read by anyone other than the registered user. You can send an email to any another Gmail user and if you think the contents are so important that they should not be leaked out. Then Gmail has come up with this solution for you, An anti-theft mail that needs a special Google generated passcode to open.
The confidential email in gmail is secured by a Google generated passcode that only the two parties have. The receiver will get an SMS on his registered mobile number with an Google passcode to open the mail that is send by you.
Steps to send a confidential email in gmail
Sending confidential email in Gmail is quite an easy process. You just need to follow some steps to send a confidential email with any file you want.
- A system with a working internet connection
- Phone with Gmail application installed
- email id of the receiver
Steps to make a email confidential
Follow these few steps to send an email as confidential one
- Open Gmail and login to your account.
- Compose your email and add your recipient.
- Click on the button with the clock-lock button. This will toggle the confidential mode on/off.
- On toggling on a tab will open with settings of confidential mode(expiry and passcode).
- Choose according to your convenience, Then click on the send button.
- A tab will open asking receivers contact number to send Google Passcode.
- This will send your email to the receiver on Gmail and passcode on the smartphone.
- Additionally, your mail will be available for use only for a specific period of time.
Note: The receiver will not be able to Forward, copy or download the email if you send it as confidential.
Why confidential email
A confidential email is sent when you have to mail some a very important file or content that should not be leaked out. Even if the receivers account is hacked or someone else has excess to that account your email is safe and cannot be view by others. The email is secured by a passcode that needs to be entered for viewing the contents. This makes your content more secure and you will feel safe while sending your important stuff.
So, This was an article on how to send confidential mail in gmail and i have gone through step by step guide for you to send a confidential mail in gmail. Hope you will like my content, If you have any queries related to confidential email let me know in comments section.